Which Suits Better With Jeans? Button or Zipper ?
In this day and age, it's pretty normal to say that everyone loves jeans. It's something everyone needs, whether it's a nice fit boyfrend or a more retro loose fit denim.
While choosing denim pants, there are some obvious things we pay attention to; color, cut, fit, etc. However, most people forget one of the most important details and that is the fastening and buttoning mechanism used in jeans. It is an indispensable part of almost every product, as it offers both stylish and aesthetic functionality.
Buttons and zippers are the two most commonly used fastening tools in jeans. But which of these two should we prefer?
What are the Pros and Cons of Using Snap Buttons on Jeans?
Its buttons are among the oldest forms of fastening ever. However, their use on jeans is still a trend. In this case, the snap button consists of a vertical string of buttons that the wearer uses to secure the garment around the waist.
Let's take a look at some of the pros and cons of using buttons on jeans.
Pros of Using Buttons on Jeans
- A Funny Way to Keep Up With a Fashion : Buttons are not the easiest way to work, but they offer surprising aesthetic value. This is especially visible when used on high waist jeans. It's a great way to fine-tune a fashion statement.
- It is Less Probable to Dissolve: When the fastening is done properly, it is less likely to open in the fastened button. This means you don't have to worry about buttons while continuing your work.
Cons of Using Buttons on Jeans
- When Waist Inflates Ugly Gaps: We like to wear jeans that fit perfectly once in a while but are now too small for us. If the denim button stuck on the jeans is a little tight around the waist, you will have to use buttons more frequently to avoid the gaps between the jeans buttons.
- Buttons Can Fall Off Easily: Different from zippers, when cheap jeans buttons used in the market are used, the denim button nail that fixes the button to the denim belt may fall out of place, embarrassing you as it does not grip the denim button tightly.
- It Takes More Time to Loop and Undo: Buttoning jeans on jeans takes a lot of time. You need to fasten the buttons one by one; this can have very annoying results in emergency situations.
The Pros and Cons of Using Zippers on Jeans and Trousers
Zipper types and designs are mostly used in jeans today. It is not difficult to see why the closed-end zippers used in denim jeans are not sufficient for the users in some cases, with the functionality and attractiveness they offer to the user.
Let's take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of using zippers on jeans.
Advantages of using zippers in jeans
- Versatile Design: The great thing about jeans zippers is that this zipper type and shape is commercially available in all lengths and designs. Zipper is not that important whether it is monolithic or not, the pull tab on it is usually a functional piece and is mostly for accessory purposes.
- The Zipper Can Be Concealed: If you want jeans with hidden or not too exposed zippers, you can easily prefer “hidden zippers”. Now before I get excited, Closed End Metal Zippers, which are often used in jeans, are actually not invisible, just the denim fabric that acts as the cover on it and sewing it close to the teeth of the zipper makes the zipper hidden. This unique ability of the zipper allows you to enjoy your jeans without sacrificing a good grip.
- It is Easy to Use: All you have to do is to make the zipper pull parallel to the ground and pull it downwards to open it, and to pull it up in the same way to close it. Literally, it's that easy.
- Strength: Compared to fastening buttons, zippers are definitely stronger and less likely to separate from jeans. They also offer better support at the waist level.
Disadvantages of using zippers in jeans
- The Zipper Might Be Untied: This happens only when you prefer a low quality zipper. In this case, your best option is to replace it with a zipper of a better quality and more reliable company.
- Zippers Get Caught on Clothes: Again, this does not happen all the time, but it is seen that the quality of the fabric is important together with the quality of the zipper you use. All you have to do is to pull the zipper cursor up or down carefully and free it from the part that is attached to the fabric.
You can benefit from the advantages of using both button and zipper on jeans in the product you design. If you want to offer the user more in terms of aesthetics and comfort, you can use only a jeans button or combine a jeans button and zipper according to fashion trends.
If you share with us which of the comments above you prefer, other readers and customers of Çağlayan Aksesuar will also benefit from this information.